Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Work Hours:||Part Time|
An exciting opportunity has arisen at ICO3 - a Web Design Company based at the Tamar Science Park, Plymouth. We are looking for an experienced, talented and enthusiastic Technical Manager with advanced programming skills and appropriate experience to help us develop a wide range of web technologies - from basic websites to high end database driven solutions. |
ICO3 specialise in PHP/MySQL driven websites with a keen business focus on E Commerce solutions which generate more than 0.5 million a year in E Commerce revenue for local companies through partnerships.
The successful candidate must possess strong technical development, problem solving, and organisation and communication skills. You should have experience of developing advanced web sites for third parties and will be able to demonstrate your programming skills and easily show the contributions you have made to existing web sites. You must be self motivated and able to lead and work as part of a team to develop projects that are delivered on time and to budget.
Your duties will include documenting through note taking and version control, editing and improving existing code, as well as taking ownership and helping to test, release, and maintain the code you write. Other duties include monitoring progress of clients websites against target delivery dates, completing quality checks and testing procedures, liaising with existing and prospective clients and other developers, as well as being able to support the existing development team and contribute to policy, procedure and product development.
The post holder will usually be an experienced worker with technical expertise coupled with an understanding of business and management principles.
Should be proficient in the following activities which are normal for this type of position:
* evaluating user needs and system functionality and ensuring that IT facilities meet these needs;
* planning, developing and implementing the IT budget, obtaining competitive prices from suppliers where appropriate, to ensure cost effectiveness;
* scheduling upgrades and security backups of hardware and software systems;
* researching and installing new systems;
* ensuring the smooth running of all IT systems, including anti-virus software, print services and email provision;
* ensuring that software licensing laws are adhered to;
* providing secure access to the network for remote users;
* ensuring the security of data from internal and external attack;
* providing users with appropriate support and advice;
* managing crisis situations, which may involve complex technical hardware or software problems;
* mentoring and training new IT support staff;
* keeping up to date with the latest technologies.
The IT Manager will need to be able to deal with change management. This requires an understanding of the capabilities and constraints of technology and resource implications in terms of budgets, plus the training and recruitment of specialist staff if necessary.
* A suitable degree with demonstrable qualifications in computer programming and/or web development - work includes excellent communication with users. This is normally acquired through a combination of a Bachelor's Degree and over 5 years of programming experience
* Strong knowledge and experience with HTML/XHTML/CSS
* Strong knowledge and skill in PHP 5 and MySQL
* An impressive portfolio of client websites to which you have made a demonstrable contribution
* Some knowledge and experience of the LINUX computing environment
Part of what makes ICO3 successful are the highly motivated people who work here and their enthusiasm for online marketing. We recruit individuals whose honesty, integrity, initiative and a creative approach to problem solving. Our employees have a 'can do' attitude. An inspiration to your colleagues, you'll have passion and a commitment to getting things done while always placing the client at the centre.
ICO3 is a fast-growing and innovative Plymouth based E Commerce company providing our very best service to our clients. We are located at the Tamar Science Park in Plymouth and as of January 2013 employ 23 members of staff. The park provides free and extensive parking for staff and is easy to access from all parts of the city. Around the park are numerous cafes and restaurants, including an on site cafe and Dartmoor is only a short five minute drive.
ICO3 offers a professional, friendly and supportive environment within an open plan office free of discriminatory practices. Ambitious and hard working, you will join a robust in-house competencies development programme aiming at encouraging all employees to reach their full potential.
Benefits: We have a strong cultural policy. We provide, where possible, flexible working hours. We also provide staff benefits and the chance to join an EMI employee reward scheme to enable excellent staff to rapidly acquire shares in the company and benefit in the long term from the company's growth.
Our Mission Statement: ICO3 provides an all embracing e-commerce strategy for businesses. We work in partnership with small businesses to help them sell online. Our ultimate aim is to give business owners complete reassurance - knowing that their day to day on-line business is being looked after and is growing. Our approach is to develop a long term partnership with business owners to a personalised specification.
How to apply for this position:
Email for an application form at . Complete it and return it together with a recent CV and covering letter to:
Vanessa Gadd, Administrator, ICO3 Limited, Tamar Science Park, 1 Davy Road, Plymouth PL6 8BX.
The closing date for applications is 8th March 2013.
|Post Code:||PL1 1|
|Employer:|| Job Board|